COIVD-19 Update: We are continuing to serve new and existing clients during our normal business hours. Please contact us today for your legal representation.
You've Come to the Right Place.
Aggressive and Resourceful Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are facing criminal prosecution, you need an aggressive and resourceful criminal defense attorney.
The Law Offices of David Lehr will work tirelessly to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. An experienced and effective criminal defense attorney can mean the difference between a prison sentence and reduced or dismissed charges. Let us be your advocate.
To speak with a criminal defense lawyer, call the Law Offices of David Lehr at
805-477-0070. We provide free consultations.
We have experience with all kinds of criminal law cases. Whether you are an adult or a juvenile, an individual or a business, we can help you if you are facing criminal charges. We have experience handling everything from simple traffic matters to the most complex fraud cases. We realize that every charge is serious to the person involved, and we are devoted to providing the highest level of service to every client.
Any assault charge can affect your future.
Assault is an expansive crime that includes anything from swinging a fist at a person without hitting them to serious sexual assault. Any assault charge can affect your future. We understand how these charges can give you a criminal record and prevent you from living a normal life. That is why we put our best effort into defending them. There are various levels of assault crimes that we defend, including:
- Assault (the threat of injury)
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Battery (the use of physical force)
- Aggravated battery (use of a weapon, or battery resulting in serious injury)
- Assault and battery (threatening and then using force to inflict injury)
- Aggravated assault and battery
- Assault with a deadly weapon
Driving violations will not go away just by simply ignoring them.
Our goal is to vigorously defend motorists who have been charged or accused of traffic-related offenses. Call us if you face legal troubles as a result of traffic violations. Our attorneys have extensive experience in defending motorists facing a wide variety of driving charges, including:
- Excessive moving violations
- Loss of consciousness
- Failure to appear in court
- Reckless driving
- Speed contests
- Drag racing
- Road racing
- Failure to stop for a police officer
- Hit and run accidents
- Drunk driving (DUI / DWI)
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Vehicular homicide
All drug related crimes are very serious matters, and depending upon the circumstances, carry with them severe legal consequences.
If you are convicted of a drug charge, there are many different penalties that you may be confronted with, such as monetary fines, probation, a jail term, or all three. A drug related conviction on your criminal record may cause many problems in your personal and professional life, as it may minimize your chance of obtaining a good job or a place to live. Call us and we can help you defend any of these charges:
- Distributing drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug possession
- Drug trafficking
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possessing drug paraphernalia
- Possession with intent to sell
- Selling drugs
Violence directed at a spouse, former spouse or partner is sometimes called domestic violence.
Being married, divorced, or dating someone does not entitle you to hit, threaten, or abuse those at home. This type of violence or abuse is considered domestic violence and can be charged as either a felony or misdemeanor, depending on the extent of the violence and the type of injury. Some domestic violence examples:
- Physical abuse: Striking or hitting, punching or beating, hair pulling, excessive pushing or throwing a person to the ground, ordering attacks from a trained dog.
- Emotional abuse: Harassment, threats, abusive criticism, putting someone in fear for their safety or life, stalking
- Child abuse: child endangerment, physical child abuse, emotional child abuse, sexual child abuse
- Sexual abuse: Sexual coercion, inappropriate or unwanted sexual comments, forced or unwanted sexual acts or advances, physical assault and rape
Being charged with a criminal offense may be one of the most challenging and uncertain times of your life. You do not have to go through it alone. Call us and we will help you get the best possible results.The Law Offices of David Lehr is a criminal defense law firm in Ventura, Oxnard and Camarillo.